A career that has kept creative thinking and communications at its forefront but has evolved as marketing, media and key influences in the fashion industry have.
director / blogger
2016 - present
What started as a personal creative outlet, Jambarrett.com : The Blondini Chronicles has evolved into a platform that tells my tales as a girl from the bottom of the world who's out discovering the rest of it. Owing to content that documents my new life in London, new looks & new locations, the platform's popularity is growing rapidly both among an international mix of followers (primarily split between the UK and New Zealand) and brands wishing to collaborate.
→ The post, Dear London, With Love , was also featured on New Zealand's largest news site, Stuff.co.nz
social influence planner
2016 - 2017
With word of mouth as undeniably the most powerful form of advertising, the relationship between brands and influential individuals is more powerful than ever. Working for New Zealand's pioneering agency in the influencer marketing space, I successfully grew the influence of both brands and bloggers/influencers via the development of effective digital strategies, and campaign and blogger/brand relationship management.
- Educating New Zealand marketers on the value of social influence and digital content that in turn converted to business for the agency (I surpassed my annual financial stretch target for the agency in less than six months)
- Developing social influence strategies that most effectively leverage the social space to meet client business and communication objectives
- Creating and facilitating powerful relationships between brands and influencers based on brand and audience fit
- Seamlessly executing and managing campaigns in the incredibly fast-paced and real-time world of social media, including the implementation of Facebook and Instagram advertising
- Tracking and analysing of key performance metrics to measure campaign effectiveness
- Staying up-to-date with the social media scene, including both established and emerging influencers
- Coaching and advising influencers on how best to optimise their digital platforms, posts and presence - idea generation, SEO-friendly content, growth and engagement tactics.
brand / communications strategist
2012 - 2016
After being offered a full-time contract at DDB after only two weeks of work experience, I went on to spend four years as the ‘brand guardian’ for a number of New Zealand's largest and most renowned brands, ensuring they stayed connected with consumers and at the forefront of communications and their respective categories.
Acting as a lead brand strategist on:
- McDonald’s New Zealand
- BMW New Zealand (and MINI)
- New Zealand’s largest retailer, The Warehouse
- George Weston Foods-
- As well as on smaller accounts: Rialto Channel, YWCA, Diocesan School for Girls
- Acting as a lead brand strategist when needed for Interbrand's New Zealand office, working directly alongside the Managing Director
Devising brand, marketing and communication strategies that help fulfill key clients’ business and communication objectives
Conducting and analysing quantitative, qualitative and desk research to uncover consumer insights and market trends
Facilitating workshops and planning sessions with client audiences through to Senior Management/Board level
Keeping up with the latest in creativity and innovation to develop break-through communication solutions for clients
Measuring and monitoring campaign effectiveness i.e. through sales analytics, brand tracking, social media monitoring etc
In charge of all planning department administration
Employed at the time as DDB New Zealand’s youngest-ever strategist
Part of the core team responsible for numerous award-winning campaigns; awarded both for their creativity and commercial effectiveness at both a national and international level
previous fashion-related experience
62 models | model
2008 - 2011
Part-time model across editorial, runway and commercial work. Being in front of the camera gave me a valuable behind-the-scenes look into the different facets of the fashion industry and the day-to-day operations of fashion brands and fashion media.
muse boutique | sales assistant
2008 - 2009
Sales assistant at a high-end fashion boutique and exclusive New Zealand stockist of top international labels, including Diane Von Furstenberg. Responsibilities including ensuring daily targets were met, customer and supplier relations, office/administration duties (stock-take, order fulfilment, handling of money etc). Often sole charge of the store.
zambesi | workroom assistant
Experience gained working in the production side of an internationally-renowned New Zealand fashion label. Worked in the company's Head Office/Workroom on tasks ranging from the cutting of patterns and fabrics, delivering local orders, packaging and administration of international orders to assisting with cookbook shoots.